Tuesday 10 August 2010

It's seven years now since I really began to discover Danish music. Prior to that I know one band - Sortlen Muld - whose work I had enjoyed. 2003, when a magazine commissioned me to write a long piece about Danish music, began a journey that's continued, a love affair with Danish folk music, with Denmark itself (and even with Danish literature).
I've been to the country several times since then, and made a number of very dear friends in the music world there. I've listened to a lot of Danish music, written extensively about it, and even come to understand it somewhat. I've tried to become a champion of it because it moves me and I want others to know about it, to find the same deep joy it's given me.
This will be an occasional blog - there won't be postings every day. But there will be reviews of most of the Danish music that comes my way, with other pieces, too, as time allows. Maybe others will come to enjoy this music, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment